Sunday, February 24, 2013

Back Again... And Again

Well since my last post I haven't quite been able to do what I planned. I had another relapse of this dang flu virus again. I know the doctors have said it could takes as much as 18 weeks to get over this virus but, I really didn't expect it to be that bad. Boy have I been wrong. I hope that I'm finally over it now. Unfortunately we also had another one of our dogs pass away as well. We think she had come down with the same virus that the rest of us had and she just didn't make it. She was a good dog and we'll miss her. We've suffered a lot of loss over the last few months and that's made it hard. We've also had more unusually cold weather and some freak storms since my last post. All of this together has kept me from doing much on the kitchen project.

So my plan is to try and finish the kitchen this year. My yard and kitchen space is somewhat of a mess and has a lot of work to do to the space to build the kitchen. So my plan is to get some pictures of the area as it is now and as we're working. Once the area is clear I'll use strings to lay out the counters and the foundations for them. I'm also going to have to run some plumbing and electrical as well so I'll mark where to trench for those too. I'll try to keep posting my progress with pictures regularly.

I hope the cold weather is behind us so I can work more outdoors without getting sick anymore. I really want to get my kitchen done this year so that I can use it over the summer. I had never expected for this project to take so long but, life gets in the way of our best laid plans. All I can do is to keep plugging away at it and eventually make it a reality. So with that in mind I'll end this post but, with more to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment