Monday, March 4, 2013

Clearing Out The Kitchen Space Update


So just a quick update on my clean up progress. You can see in the picture to the left that I got all of the stuff moved as well as all of the pavers. I have to say that it took more than I realized to move everything.

I spent the 2 days moving and hauling stuff to clear it all away but the worst part was pulling up the pavers. Wow, first off I didn't realize how much the ground under the pavers would act as a glue. Man were those pavers stuck down. It took a lot of force to pull them up. I also forgot just how heavy those pavers are, especially when they are stacked up. Thank god for heavy duty dollies!

The only issue that I'm worried about is that the hot tub will have to be moved. I think it may be too close to the oven to fit the smokehouse in between. I guess that's ok because the hot tub next to the house is going to be replaced with the one you can see in the distance in the picture anyways. Next I'll start measuring everything out and begin laying things out with stakes and strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment