Wednesday, August 24, 2011

In The Beginning There Was A Base, Again

So while my daughters were here over the summer I had told them about losing my pictures of them working on the base. As it turns out my daughter Alexa happened to have some on her phone. So I downloaded the pictures that she had from her phone so that I could post them here since I didn't have any others.


So this was the base at the end of about our first week. We collected broken cement and rocks to stack up as a frame for the shape of the base. Then we plastered the outside with cob and filled in the inner open center with the clay earth that we had dug. We also packed the center down and then got it wet to help with the compaction so it would be nice and solid.


Some of my children wanted to pose so that they could show off their handiwork. That's Charles, Alexa and Jason on top of the base.


Two of my boys seeking enlightenment....ya right.

No comments:

Post a Comment